When operating at petabyte scale, random bit flips and data corruption becomes more than a vague risk. They’re statistically probable realities. Since a single bit flip can propagate disaster across an entire system, Quobyte provides comprehensive data integrity with true end-to-end checksums. Plus, built-in redundancy protects data from any single points of failure.
Synchronous Replication and Erasure Coding (EC)
- These two, complementary methods enable administrators to create robust and efficient redundancy with policy based data management. For instance, we can use synchronous replication for the first 8MB of a file and then automatically switch to EC once it grows beyond that to save space.
- Our patented, scalable, and synchronous replication for data and metadata is ideal for high performance workloads with 4k random IO, such as databases or VMs, and small files. Peer-to-peer leader election provides truly scalable performance.
- Erasure coding offers space-efficient data protection alongside high performance. It’s perfect for throughput workloads, large files, and archival data.
- Recode at will between replication and EC with a few simple clicks or automatically through policies.
- Metadata always maintains three replicated copies that remain in sync for fast automatic failover.
It’s not unheard of for a single bitflip to take an entire storage infrastructure offline — and bitflips happen more often that you might have thought. Check out our blog post for more details and some horror stories. That’s why Quobyte protects data with checksums as it flows across your systems and adds layers of redundancy to data at rest with replication and erasure coding. Data protection is built into Quobyte from the ground up.
Talk to Us
We are here to answer all of your questions about how Quobyte can benefit your organization.
Are you ready to chat? Want a live demo?