Systems Engineer UK
As a Quobyte Sales Engineer, you’ll be responsible for all outward facing technical issues with customers, prospects, and partners. From the first meeting through to the deployment and beyond, you’ll help and consult the customer with capacity and hardware planning, configuration, setup and installation, evaluation and analysis of results, and benchmarks performed as part of the sales process. Responsibilities include
- Assist customers and partners with architecting, sizing, capacity planning and scoping potential sales opportunities.
- Do technical presentations and live product demos to prospects, customers, partners and at events.
- Travel within the UK and Europe to work with customers on-site and participate in trade shows and sales events.
- Hands on installation and configuration of Quobyte remotely and on-site at customer locations.
- Responsible for resolving all technical issues at prospects and customers. Track issues to completion and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Work with Sales/Marketing to respond to RFPs, RFQs and public tenders.
- Work closely with Marketing & Engineering to translate customer demands into product features. Participate in product roadmap and sales strategy discussions.
- Help Technical Marketing understand demand profiles.
- Assist with benchmarking, application notes, whitepapers.
- Keep abreast of new technologies and developments in the data center space, such as hardware architectures, networking, kubernetes, OpenStack and machine learning.
- Help customers understand how to deploy Quobyte in a cloud environment and understand the differences between the different public cloud offerings.
- Multi-year experience in selling storage or related infrastructure software products to large enterprises and service providers, directly and indirectly through partners
- In-depth knowledge of storage technologies and the data center stack, including Linux and IP networking
- Familiarity with container technologies (Docker, k8s), OpenStack and Windows
- You are a self-starter and can work on your own or as part of a team and at times be able to lead
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ideally a BSc/MSc degree in CS or related field