Technical Support Engineer US
Santa Clara, CA
You'll be part of the Quobyte engineering team and will work with our customers to ensure they have a stellar experience after installing Quobyte. Your strong background in data center technology enables you to help customers use Quobyte efficiently, analyze issues in their installation and work with our engineering team to solve issues. Responsibilities include
- Work directly with customers around the globe to understand and analyze their problems including performance issues, networking problems and integrations with other parts of their data center infrastructure.
- Proactively communicate with customers during those issues and own the case until its solved to the customer's satisfaction.
- Participate in (video) calls with the customer when necessary.
- Manage the communication with engineering and the customer.
- Work with the software engineers to solve software problems, reproduce errors in the lab to support engineering.
- Run or instruct customers to run network and IO testing tools to validate performance issues.
- Enhance and maintain our documentation and knowledge base.
- Participate in the on-call rotation on weekends and evenings.
- You´ĺl be working from our Santa Clara, CA office.
- Strong technology background, ideally including distributed systems
- Fluency in storage technologies, Linux, IP networking and other parts of the data center stack like kubernetes
- 3+ years experience in a customer facing role
- Proven ability to systematically analyze tough technical problems and solve them
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Ideally a BS/MS in CS, EE or related field
- Fluency in Japanese or German a plus